Dr. Afua Cooper, the James Robinson Johnston Chair in Black Canadian Studies and Associate Professor in SOSA, is one of this year's Doris McCarthy Artists-in-Residence. The prestigious award enables her to spend time writing at the beautiful artist's retreat known as Fools Paradise, tucked away in a corner of Toronto, on the Scarborough Bluffs overlooking Lake Ontario.
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR
- On racism, slavery, and Lord Dalhousie
- Phone‑in on failed friendships