News» Go to news main
Learning politics at the corner store
Dr. Afua Cooper, the James Robinson Johnston Chair in Black Canadian Studies and Associate Professor in SOSA, was interviewed for CBC Radio's The Doc Project. In the warm and personal 7-minute episode, she talks about her childhood in Jamaica, where her political consciousness was raised at her uncle's corner store, and speaks one of her poems.
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR
- On racism, slavery, and Lord Dalhousie
- Phone‑in on failed friendships