News» Go to news main
SOSA alum Ashley Salvador's study of Edmonton infill featured in the Globe & Mail
Ashley Salvador recently completed a combined honours in Environment, Sustainability and Society (ESS) and Sociology. Under the supervision of SOSA's Karen Foster, Salvador conducted "the first comprehensive data set on garage suites in Edmonton as part of a thesis on social relationships and affordability of accessory dwelling units." The insights she gained from her research spurred her to co-found YEGarage Suites, an infill development advocacy group. Her research and advocacy have been featured in the Globe & Mail, the Edmonton Journal and the Edmonton Metro.
- Indigenous and vegan
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation
- From Dal to UNB, Honours students present
- Graduate student kudos
- SOSA scholarship showcased
- Haligonians not so resistant to change
- Professor sets premier straight on minimum wage