News» Go to news main
2016‑2017 ‑ read all about it!
The 2016-2017 Sociology and Social Anthropology annual newsletter is hot off the presses, full of faculty updates, alumni news, and many other features, including an article about Samuel Henry Prince, who held the first Chair in Sociology in Halifax, and for whom our Prince Prize is named. Thanks to all contributors and to newsletter editor extraordinaire Dr. Karen Foster for putting it all together.
- Dr. Afua Cooper among the Black Canadian women recognized by PM
- Sociology MA student wins the Linda Marie Gillingwater Rainsberry Graduate Bursary
- Nova Scotia holds back the tide of viral media pranks
- Talking dinosaurs in Toronto
- Keeping the accent on anthropology
- Globally brilliant
- Time to count the robots
- A SSHRC win for SOSA