News» Go to news main
Mastering the art of research
SOSA’s new MA cohort of ten students presented their proposals on April 7 on a diverse and compelling range of topics, from private refugee sponsorship, to the impact of new legislation on Atlantic Canadian sex works, to young adults' use of satire on social media as a form of political engagement. Several faculty members described this year’s collection of presentations as the strongest they had ever seen. Indeed, we were wowed and proud of the excellent research being carried out by our committed and very talented graduate students.
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR
- On racism, slavery, and Lord Dalhousie
- Phone‑in on failed friendships
- Writing in Fool's Paradise