News» Go to news main
Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
Dr. Afua Cooper writes in the New York Times about her visits to three historic sites in Ontario that were end-points on the Underground Railroad. More than 30,000 African-Americans fled slavery in the American South along the Railroad and made their way to Canada, where many settled, becoming African-Canadians.
- SOSA celebrates outstanding graduating students in Social Anthropology and Sociology
- Congratulations, SOSA graduates!
- SOSA alumna wins seat as MLA
- SOSA alum Ashley Salvador's study of Edmonton infill featured in the Globe & Mail
- Sociology alumnus leads the field in the Philippines
- Political poetry makes all the difference
- 2016‑2017 ‑ read all about it!
- Honours all round