News» Go to news main
Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
Dr. Afua Cooper writes in the New York Times about her visits to three historic sites in Ontario that were end-points on the Underground Railroad. More than 30,000 African-Americans fled slavery in the American South along the Railroad and made their way to Canada, where many settled, becoming African-Canadians.
- Understanding the refugee experience
- SOSA professors bust the equity myth
- SOSA alum in the Policing Hall of Fame
- Power and privilege at the university
- SOSA in the House! (of Commons)
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA