News» Go to news main
Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
Dr. Afua Cooper writes in the New York Times about her visits to three historic sites in Ontario that were end-points on the Underground Railroad. More than 30,000 African-Americans fled slavery in the American South along the Railroad and made their way to Canada, where many settled, becoming African-Canadians.
- 2016‑2017 ‑ read all about it!
- Honours all round
- Making an impact in FASS
- Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
- SSHRC spotlight on Dr. Afua Cooper
- Warming up the winter for student refugees
- Dr. Cooper on Viola Desmond
- The gendering of children's toys