News» Go to news main
Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
Dr. Afua Cooper writes in the New York Times about her visits to three historic sites in Ontario that were end-points on the Underground Railroad. More than 30,000 African-Americans fled slavery in the American South along the Railroad and made their way to Canada, where many settled, becoming African-Canadians.
- Indigenous and vegan
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation
- From Dal to UNB, Honours students present
- Graduate student kudos
- SOSA scholarship showcased
- Haligonians not so resistant to change
- Professor sets premier straight on minimum wage