News» Go to news main
The gendering of children's toys
SOSA sociologist Dr. Fiona Martin is interviewed by CBC Radio's Information Morning about the history of pink and blue marketing for children's toys and clothes. Dr. Martin deconstructs the stereotypes and discusses their impact, and also reminds us that many children and adults are working toward broader, more diverse understandings of what it means to be a girl or a boy, too.
- SOSA students win prestigious scholarships
- Congratulations, Dr. Armstrong!
- SOSA student wins FASS essay prize
- Halifax's new Poet Laureate is SOSA prof
- Indigenous and vegan
- Privacy in peril
- Congratulations, Honours students!
- Race, racism and the university: a SOSA conversation