News» Go to news main
The gendering of children's toys
SOSA sociologist Dr. Fiona Martin is interviewed by CBC Radio's Information Morning about the history of pink and blue marketing for children's toys and clothes. Dr. Martin deconstructs the stereotypes and discusses their impact, and also reminds us that many children and adults are working toward broader, more diverse understandings of what it means to be a girl or a boy, too.
- A bumper crop of graduates
- Reversing the anglo exodus?
- SOSA anthropologist honoured by CASCA
- Halifax's kind‑of‑illegal rooming houses
- Why Indigenous Studies matters
- Foregrounding Indigenous health at the CIHR
- On racism, slavery, and Lord Dalhousie
- Phone‑in on failed friendships