News» Go to news main
The gendering of children's toys
SOSA sociologist Dr. Fiona Martin is interviewed by CBC Radio's Information Morning about the history of pink and blue marketing for children's toys and clothes. Dr. Martin deconstructs the stereotypes and discusses their impact, and also reminds us that many children and adults are working toward broader, more diverse understandings of what it means to be a girl or a boy, too.
- Sociology alumnus leads the field in the Philippines
- Political poetry makes all the difference
- 2016‑2017 ‑ read all about it!
- Honours all round
- Mastering the art of research
- Making an impact in FASS
- Ontario Underground Railroad Sites in the New York Times
- SSHRC spotlight on Dr. Afua Cooper