News» Go to news main
Poet Laureate speaks out against cultural appropriation
Halifax Poet Laureate and Social Anthropology alumna Rebecca Thomas
noticed some disturbing behaviour at a sold-out show by native producer and DJ crew A Tribe Called Red in Halifax on August 19. Interviewed by CBC Radio's Information Morning, Rebecca told of how she and her allies confronted several people wearing 'warpaint'. She also performed a new poem about resisting cultural appropriation and 'redface'. The Candy Palmater Show also featured the news and the poem.
- Daniel Salas wins Roseberry‑Nash Graduate Student Paper Prize
- MA Student Stephanie Peel CASCA Student Poster Competition at the CASCA‑AAA Conference
- Dr. Laura Eramian has been awarded an honourable mention for the Canadian Anthropology Society's (CASCA) Labrecque‑Lee Book Prize
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race