News» Go to news main
The anthropologists are coming!
From May 11 to May 16, the Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology is hosting the joint conference of the Canadian Anthropology Society (CASCA) and the Society for the Anthropology of North America (SANA). With a theme of Solidarit(i)és, the conference expects several hundred participants to present papers and posters and engage in roundtables discussions and other conference activities. DalNews reports on the conference here.
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor