News» Go to news main
SOSA prize‑winners of 2015
Each year, the Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology awards three prizes to its top graduates. University Medals are awarded to the students with the highest Honours grade point average in their subject. Justine Correia was awarded the University Medal in Social Anthropology, and Paul Pritchard won the University Medal in Sociology. The Reverend S. H. Prince Prize for achievement in Sociology went to Max Stick (pictured). Justine and Max are both embarking on graduate studies at Dalhousie, in Social Anthropology and Sociology respectively, in the fall, while Paul has accepted a place on the MA Sociology program at the University of Toronto.
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime