News» Go to news main
Mastering their subjects
Two of SOSA's graduate students were awarded their Master of Arts degrees at Convocation on Monday. Joshua Brisson worked with Dr. Yoko Yoshida (both pictured above) to complete an MA in Sociology with his thesis, Sport and Symbolic Boundary Making: A Test of the Highbrow and Omnivore Theses. Brittany Parker earned an MA in Social Anthropology with her thesis on Batterer Intervention Programs in Nova Scotia: A Qualitative Examination of Offender Experiences, working with Dr. Liesl Gambold. Both Joshua and Brittany are graduates of SOSA's Honours programs.
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime