News» Go to news main
Champagne and strawberries all round!
Graduands, guests, students and faculty had great fun at SOSA's annual champagne and strawberries event, held this year just before the 4 p.m. Convocation ceremony. MA and PhD graduands, graduating Honours students and students who successfully completed their Honours theses this year (but are graduating next October or May) are invited to bring their loved ones to celebrate with SOSA faculty. Acting Acting Chair Dr. Brian Noble presided warmly over this year's joyful event. Faculty enjoy meeting students' family and friends and for all of us, it is a time to express how proud we are of our students' achievements.
- Booking an apartment or renting out your own on AirBnB: is it always a good idea?
- Emily Fraser, who just graduated from our MA program in Social Anthropology, has been featured in a 'grad profile' by Dal News.
- Sociology PhD Student on Global News
- PhD student in Social Anthropology Daniel Salas has won the prestigious Roseberry‑Nash Award
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime