News» Go to news main
Champagne and strawberries all round!
Graduands, guests, students and faculty had great fun at SOSA's annual champagne and strawberries event, held this year just before the 4 p.m. Convocation ceremony. MA and PhD graduands, graduating Honours students and students who successfully completed their Honours theses this year (but are graduating next October or May) are invited to bring their loved ones to celebrate with SOSA faculty. Acting Acting Chair Dr. Brian Noble presided warmly over this year's joyful event. Faculty enjoy meeting students' family and friends and for all of us, it is a time to express how proud we are of our students' achievements.
- Dr. Afua Cooper Chairs the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Dr. Karen Foster on Proposed New Airport
- Kudos to Dr. Graham
- Tenure‑track job in Sociology of Law and Crime
- LGBTQ seniors invisible in housing options
- Slavery is Canada's best‑kept secret
- Dal anthropologist named University Research Professor
- Dal sociologist's impressive impact