News» Go to news main
Iain MacNeil sings his way to the top
Since graduating in May 2013, Iain MacNeil (BMus ’13) has taken part in the Young Singers Project as part of the Salzburg Festival this summer, and he was invited to do graduate studies at the University of Toronto, Opera Division (even though he hadn’t applied!). He has toured with Carmen on Tap with Julie Nesrallah, and he recently won 10,000 Euros in the Emmerich Smola Förderpreis competition in Landau, Germany. And in the Canadian Opera Company’s Centre Stage Competition in the fall, Iain was one of 9 finalists from 155 singers who auditioned. He won third prize and was offered a coveted spot in the Canadian Opera Company Studio Ensemble! Congratulations Iain! See the following links for recent articles featuring Iain MacNeil's continuing successes: Dalhousie News - Chronicle Herald; ConcertoNet.com
- Jeremy Dutcher wins 2018 Polaris Prize
- The Magic of Flute
- Halifax's Neon Dreams pulls out of tour amid Hedley's sexual misconduct allegations
- Jeremy Dutcher Keeps His Dying Language Aloft on the Grandiose "Mehcinut"
- A stitch in time: Dalhousie University's Costume Studies program
- Questions for Iain MacNeil: Guth's Figaro
- Dal Costume Studies alumni see creations showcased in Los Angeles
- Jerome Blais wins first prize in the "Concours du Prix collegien de musique contemporaine 2015"