News» Go to news main
Dal Music students among Canada's best young musicians at 41st National Music Festival
Congratulations to the talented Dal Music students who took home several prizes from the 2012 National Music Festival held in Fort McMurray, Alberta this summer.
Second place in Solo Strings went to violinist Artem Kolesov.
Artem and his colleagues in Quartet La Corde (Artem and Heemin Choi, violins, Warda Limaye, viola, and Ben Marmen, cello) also took second place in the Chamber category.
And in Voice, Meghan Jamieson was awarded the Jan Simons Memorial Award for Song Interpretation.
Well done everyone!
For more information visit the Federation of Canadian Music Festivals.
- Jeremy Dutcher wins 2018 Polaris Prize
- The Magic of Flute
- Halifax's Neon Dreams pulls out of tour amid Hedley's sexual misconduct allegations
- Jeremy Dutcher Keeps His Dying Language Aloft on the Grandiose "Mehcinut"
- A stitch in time: Dalhousie University's Costume Studies program
- Questions for Iain MacNeil: Guth's Figaro
- Dal Costume Studies alumni see creations showcased in Los Angeles
- Jerome Blais wins first prize in the "Concours du Prix collegien de musique contemporaine 2015"