- BMusEd (Acadia)
- MMus (Boston)
- ArtDip (Toronto)
Research & creative activity
David Parker has been Principal Hornist of Symphony Nova Scotia since 2000. He has been a member of orchestras in Kitchener-Waterloo, Barcelona, Quebec City, Israel, and Mexico City. He has also performed with the Toronto Symphony, the Hamilton Philharmonic, the Boston Lyric Opera, the Boston Pops, Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra, and Les Violons du Roy. He is a graduate of Boston University, the University of Toronto, and Acadia University. Mr. Parker has had generous support from the Nova Scotia Talent Trust, and the Canada Council for the Arts. Mr. Parker is a founding member of the newly-formed Canadian National Brass Project. He has appeared in chamber music festivals including Scotia Festival of Music, the Toronto Chamber Music Festival, the Ottawa Chamber Music Festival, Festival of the Sound, the Garden Room, and the Charlottetown Festival.
- Horn, Trombone, and Brass Performance Class
David has taught horn at Acadia University, the Halifax All-City Schools Music Program, the University of Waterloo, horn and trumpet at the Reuben Academy of Music/Be’er Sheva Conservatory (Israel), and horn at the Canadian Forces School of Music. He is a regular coach with the Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra, and teaches at the University of New Brunswick Summer Music Camp.
- David has also performed with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, the National Ballet of Canada, the Boston Pops Orchestra, the Boston Lyric Opera, the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, the Canadian Chamber Ensemble, the Israel Opera, and the Stratford Festival.
Awards and honours
- Principal Hornist of Symphony Nova Scotia since 2000
- Finalist in the American Solo Horn Competition (1991)
- Silver Medalist in the C.I.B.C. National Music Competition (1984)
- Recipient of generous awards from the Canada Council for the Arts, Boston University School for the Arts, and the Nova Scotia Talent Trust