News» Go to news main
Winners of the 2019 FASS Essay Competition
Pictured from left to right: Dr. Frank Harvey (Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences), Madison Gateman (department of History) - winner, Mushkat Memorial Essay Prize, Amaan Kazmi (department of History) - winner, Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize, and Keith MacIsaac (department of Sociology and Social Anthropology) - winner, Irving and Jeanne Glovin Award.
To learn about the FASS essay competition, please visit the this LINK.
- Howard Ramos, of the department of Sociology and Social Anthropology, talks to the Halifax Examiner about people's actions and reactions during a crisis
- Bob Huish, of the department of International Development Studies, talks to the Halifax Examiner about how stigma around the Covid‑19 virus might hurt vulnerable populations
- BA alumna Sarah Dobson featured in The Coast's Career Minded edition
- The Cuban Revolution at 60 conference
- FASS women in research featured on Dal YouTube
- Response to the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Edward Snowden to discuss global privacy at Dal Alumni Days event ‑ May 30
- Winners of the 2019 FASS Essay Competition