News» Go to news main
Edward Snowden to discuss global privacy at Dal Alumni Days event ‑ May 30
Privacy matters. As part of the inaugural Dal Alumni Days programming, Whistleblower Edward Snowden will appear live at Dalhousie via webcast from Russia to talk citizen rights, responsibilities and global surveillance. Frank Harvey, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, will moderate the discussion.
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT
Learn more about this special event in the Dal News story.
- Immigration to Canada May Not Return to Pre‑Pandemic Levels
- OPINION: Pandemic pay premium for grocery store employees a flash in the pan (Karen Foster, associate professor, sociology and social anthropology and director of the Rural Futures Research Centre)
- Study to examine impacts of stigma in Nova Scotia during COVID‑19 pandemic
- How COVID‑19 social stigma has impacted Nova Scotians
- FASS professor Afua Cooper talks to CTV News about the calls for action to remove statues and names that pay tribute to historical figures related to racism in the Maritimes
- Blog post by professor Afua Cooper: Canada, COVID, and Police Brutality: The Experience of the Black Community
- Letter to the Dalhousie, Halifax and Nova Scotia Communities
- Françoise Baylis: What kind of world will we have when we come out of this crisis?