News» Go to news main
FASS celebrates award recipients and retirees
On April 23, 2019, FASS Dean Frank Harvey hosted a reception to honour several faculty members: Carrie Dawson (English) - winner of the Award for Service Excellence; Christopher Helland (Sociology and Social Anthropology) - winner of the 2018-19 FASS Teaching Award and also staff member, Donna Edwards (Classics) - winner of the FASS Staff Award for Excellence in Service.
Retiring faculty members that were celebrated included: Pauline Gardiner-Barber (Sociology and Social Anthropology), Margot Dionne (Fountain School of Performing Arts), Vittorio Frigerio (French) and Melissa Furrow (English).
- FASS women in research featured on Dal YouTube
- Response to the Scholarly Panel to Examine Lord Dalhousie’s History on Slavery and Race
- Edward Snowden to discuss global privacy at Dal Alumni Days event ‑ May 30
- Winners of the 2019 FASS Essay Competition
- FASS celebrates award recipients and retirees
- Shauntay Grant's play The Bridge opens at Neptune Theatre
- Shashi Bhat, a former colleague in Dal's English Department, has won this year's Writer's Trust/McClelland & Stewart Journey Prize for her short story, "Mute"
- Dalhousie Review contributor and former English department instructor shortlisted for 2018 Journey Prize award