News» Go to news main
FASS alum Jeremy Dutcher wins 2018 Polaris Music Prize
Dal alum Jeremy Dutcher (Music/Social Anthropology) is the 2018 winner of Canada’s prestigious Polaris Music Prize. Read our profile of Dutcher and learn how century-old field recordings of his Wolastoqiyik ancestors’ songs set in motion a musical journey that would lead to one of the most acclaimed albums of the year.
- Letter to the Dalhousie, Halifax and Nova Scotia Communities
- Françoise Baylis: What kind of world will we have when we come out of this crisis?
- OPINION: Don’t close the parks. Here’s what to do instead (Rachel McLay, PhD student in SOSA)
- FASS essay competition winners announced
- Bob Huish, of the department of International Development Studies, talks to the Halifax Examiner about how stigma around the Covid‑19 virus might hurt vulnerable populations
- Howard Ramos, of the department of Sociology and Social Anthropology, talks to the Halifax Examiner about people's actions and reactions during a crisis
- BA alumna Sarah Dobson featured in The Coast's Career Minded edition
- The Cuban Revolution at 60 conference