News» Go to news main
Winners of the 2018 FASS Essay Competition
Congratulations to the winners of the 2018 FASS Essay Competition!
Pictured from left to right, Qi Chen (department of Sociology and Social Anthropology) - winner of the Halifax Overseas Club Essay Prize, Will Keys (department of History) - winner of the Mushkat Memorial Essay Prize, Brittany Kraus (department of English) - winner of the Irving and Jeanne Glovin award, and Dr. Jure Gantar, Acting Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
To learn about the FASS essay competition, please visit: https://www.dal.ca/faculty/arts/about/essay-competition.html
- Immigration to Canada May Not Return to Pre‑Pandemic Levels
- OPINION: Pandemic pay premium for grocery store employees a flash in the pan (Karen Foster, associate professor, sociology and social anthropology and director of the Rural Futures Research Centre)
- Study to examine impacts of stigma in Nova Scotia during COVID‑19 pandemic
- How COVID‑19 social stigma has impacted Nova Scotians
- FASS professor Afua Cooper talks to CTV News about the calls for action to remove statues and names that pay tribute to historical figures related to racism in the Maritimes
- Blog post by professor Afua Cooper: Canada, COVID, and Police Brutality: The Experience of the Black Community
- Letter to the Dalhousie, Halifax and Nova Scotia Communities
- Françoise Baylis: What kind of world will we have when we come out of this crisis?