Department News and Events» Go to news main
Unliked: How Facebook is playing a part in the Rohingya genocide.
Prof. Huish and Patrick Balazo (IDS MA, 2017) argue that Facebook is fuelling a genocide. What can be done to address it? In what they title "the virtual coercive", the authors suggest that societies need to be better connected face to face, rather than digitally. Read it here in The Conversation.
- Jung Gwang‑Il Speaks
- Film Screening: Under the Sun
- Prof. Huish: North Korea's Kim Jong‑un is a gangster: Here's how to sort him out
- Unliked: How Facebook is playing a part in the Rohingya genocide.
- Prof. Huish: What to make of North Korea
- TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT: Can we Defuse the North Korean Crisis?
- Research: Putting IDS to Work
- Honours Information Session