Department News and Events» Go to news main
Unliked: How Facebook is playing a part in the Rohingya genocide.
Prof. Huish and Patrick Balazo (IDS MA, 2017) argue that Facebook is fuelling a genocide. What can be done to address it? In what they title "the virtual coercive", the authors suggest that societies need to be better connected face to face, rather than digitally. Read it here in The Conversation.
- Symptom of neo‑liberal malaise
- Making the next wave of Canadian students more globally minded
- Prof. Huish: Donald Trump and "Casino Diplomacy"
- IDS Researcher Patrick Balazo Featured on the Crisis in Myanmar
- In The News: IDS Alumni Lori Stamm is doing great work in Honduras
- Prof. Mannathukkaren's latest piece on India's elections.
- Dr. Emily Kirk writes about LGBT rights in Cuba
- Dr. Parasram talks about anti‑Blackness and white supremacy within communities of colour