Department News and Events» Go to news main
Professor Huish: The Risks of Medical Tourism
What would you do if you desperately needed medical surgery that is not offered in Canada? Would going abroad be the solution? Professor Huish suggests on CBC Information Morning that medical tourism is not just "sun, sand, and surgery". It comes with risks to patients going abroad, and it spells big trouble for follow-up care in Canada. [Listen to the interview here]
- IDS Researcher Patrick Balazo Featured on the Crisis in Myanmar
- In The News: IDS Alumni Lori Stamm is doing great work in Honduras
- Prof. Mannathukkaren's latest piece on India's elections.
- Dr. Emily Kirk writes about LGBT rights in Cuba
- Dr. Parasram talks about anti‑Blackness and white supremacy within communities of colour
- OP‑ED by IDS Student Natalie Buchanan
- OP‑ED by IDS Student Brie Dukeshire
- Prof. Huish's work mentioned in TIME Magazine.