Department News and Events» Go to news main
Professor Huish: The Risks of Medical Tourism
What would you do if you desperately needed medical surgery that is not offered in Canada? Would going abroad be the solution? Professor Huish suggests on CBC Information Morning that medical tourism is not just "sun, sand, and surgery". It comes with risks to patients going abroad, and it spells big trouble for follow-up care in Canada. [Listen to the interview here]
- Jung Gwang‑Il Speaks
- Film Screening: Under the Sun
- Prof. Huish: North Korea's Kim Jong‑un is a gangster: Here's how to sort him out
- Unliked: How Facebook is playing a part in the Rohingya genocide.
- Prof. Huish: What to make of North Korea
- TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT: Can we Defuse the North Korean Crisis?
- Research: Putting IDS to Work
- Honours Information Session