News» Go to news main
In Memoriam: Peter B. Waite
Members of the Department of History note with sorrow the passing of one of our most highly esteemed colleagues for over three decades, Professor P.B. Waite. An acclaimed and nationally recognized scholar of Canadian history, Professor Waite is perhaps best known locally for his Lives of Dalhousie, which was digitized by Dalhousie Libraries for Dal’s 200th anniversary. (Volume 1 can be read here, while Volume 2 can be read here.) He is also remembered fondly by generations of students as a challenging and inspiring teacher. His contributions to the university were such that he was named a ‘Dalhousie Original’ for the 2018 bicentenary celebrations.
Read more about Peter B. Waite's life and family in his obituary. Find out more about his time in the history department in his Dalhousie Original profile.
- A Career in Public History: Philip Goldring
- In Memoriam: Peter B. Waite
- Interview with Eva Holland
- 24th Annual "Best Curlers in History"
- CFP: History Across the Disciplines Conference
- James Lees Winner of 2019 David Alexander Prize
- In Memoriam: Michael Cross
- Dr. Krista Kesselring, seen here with Dr. Terri Balser, receives Dalhousie Legacy Award