Get involved in a society, book club, or conference.
Undergraduate Student Community
DUES, The Dalhousie English Society
- Send the group an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the facebook page to get involved!
- The current executives for the Dalhousie English Society are:
AAUEC, Annual Atlantic Undergraduate English Conference
- The 2014 AAUEC was held right here at Dalhousie University. Read about how the event played out here.
- The University of PEI hosted AAUEC 2017. Dalhousie sent undergraduate students to present both scholarly papers and creative writing. We're awaiting information on AAUEC 2018; stay tuned!
- Dalhousie Arts and Social Sciences Conference
Halliburton Society, Kings Undergraduate English Society
- Check out their website.
Verso, Dalhousie's Undergraduate English Journal
- Visit VERSO to read last year's student published articles. The call for submissions for the 2017-2018 edition will be coming in Fall 2017.
Fathom, Dalhousie's Undergraduate Creative Writing Journal
Graduate Student Community
DAGSE, Dalhousie's Association of Graduate Students in English
DAGSE facilitates communication between graduate students and faculty, and to help foster a sense of social as well as academic community among graduate students. Thus, we represent graduate students at departmental and graduate committee meetings, as well as organizing several social events throughout the year.
We are planning an orientation meeting for graduate students sometime in the beginning of September, and a meeting later the same month to elect new DAGSE members. We will keep you posted on specifics.
In the meantime, if you have any general questions regarding life in Halifax (apartment hunting tips, where to buy used furniture, good book stores, popular pubs...) or specific questions about the department and what to expect, please don't hesitate to contact us. Brandi Estey-Burtt, President (email@example.com); Kaarina Mikelson, Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org); Jane Boyce, Treasurer. Also don't forget to check out the DAGSE facebook page!