News» Go to news main
The Champions of Bacchus
It's already been a week since the Pythian games and the department is still a buzz with excitement! This year featured a very well-rounded and exciting line-up, but the winners have been announced. They are as follows:
- Res Publica Prize ($50): Ben von Bredow and co., The Hankey Hymns: a Tribute.
- The Patrick Atherton Prize ($100): Katie Middleton, Aeneas' Trip to the Dentist.
- Alumni Prize ($100) Cristalle Watson, Tolkien: Ring, A Sonnet Redoublé.
- Chair's Prize ($150) Alexander Edwards, Seikilos Epitaph on Keytar/Michéla d'Entrement, Bach's Gigue from the Cello Suite in G Major on Viola.
- The Howard Murray Prize ($250) Dr. Fournier's Supremely Stoic Intermediate Latin Class, Selections from Seneca's Thyestes.
Congratulations to all our contestants! We look forward to seeing what you all offer in next year's games.
Alex Edwards on Keytar
Marybeth Osowski, Zoe Vatter, Katie Middleton, and Aaron Shenkman
Michéla d'Entrement on the viola
The reigning champions, Dr. Fournier's Supremely Stoic Intermediate Latin class!
Kevin Walker reciting some middle-high German in style!
- Congratulations Fall 2018 Graduates!
- Pythian Victors MMXVIII
- Pythian Games 2018!
- Dalhousie Classics Newsbulletin for November: Gold Coins, Family and Faculty News and More
- National victories for our language students
- The Champions of Bacchus
- Dionysius 2015 is set to hit the shelves
- Latin, Greek, and Doughnuts