Where to find classics materials, in person and online
Res Publica, the Dalhousie Undergraduate Classics Society, represents all undergraduate Classics students at Dalhousie and King's. The society endeavors to promote the study of the Classics as well as to foster a spirit of camaraderie through the planning of various social events. Visit the website of Res Publica or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classics Department Library
The Classics Department Library (Marin McCain building, rm. 1184) houses a wealth of resources for students of the ancient world. Visit the searchable online catalogue to discover the books, journals, and films that make up our unique and growing collection.
The Dalhousie Library also offers quick access to resources and services for Classics students. The Classics subject librarian, Jennifer Lambert, is available to help in person and online, and you can subscribe to an RSS feed to keep up to date on the latest Classics acquisitions. There is also a Classics LibGuide, which provides links to librarian-recommended books, articles, websites, and more.
The following list is comprised of links to the homepages of various scholarly organizations and reviews dedicated to classical studies.
- ANIMUS: A Philosophical Journal for Our Time
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review: Publishing reviews of current scholarly work in the field of classical studies and archaeology.
- CAC: The Classical Association of Canada advances classical education by the promotion, development and maintenance of classical languages and civilizations across Canada.
- Corpus Thomisticum: The works of St Thomas Aquinas in Latin.
- Dalhousie University Libraries
- Dionysius: The Journal of the Department of Classics.
- J. O'Donnell's commentary on Augustine's Confessions (Oxford, 1992): An on-line reprint of Augustine: Confessions, with commentary by James J. O'Donnell.
- Lionel Pearson Fellowship: A fellowship for the training of American and Canadian classicists at English or Scottish universities.
- Pseudo-Dionysius: the undergraduate and graduate student journal of the Department of Classics
- Society for Classical Studies: Formerly the American Philological Association
- SSHRC: The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada
- The 'Ancient History in Halifax' site: Resources for classical education at Dalhousie, University of King's College, Saint Mary's University and Mount Saint Vincent University.
- The Medieval Review: An electronic review of current work in all areas of Medieval studies.
- The University of King's College
- Dalhousie Alumni Association