FASS Photo Competition
The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences and the Dalhousie Arts and Social Sciences Society is pleased to present the 5th annual photo competition for FASS students.
My World in FASS
What does that mean? Well…you tell us. It might speak to a trip you’ve taken through study abroad, or perhaps the trip that led you here. It might be a professor or mentor on campus who led you down a path you hadn’t considered. From the friends you’ve made to the classes you’ve taken, FASS at Dal is truly a global experience. Tell us about yours through photo…and you could win!
1st Prize – $100
2nd Prize – $50
3rd Prize – $25
How to Enter
Email your photo to email@example.com with the subject line “My World in FASS” and your name (ie: “My World in FASS: Bob Smith”). In your email, include: your full name, student number, email address, phone number, Department or Programme, and your year of study. You must also include a paragraph (100 words max) on how your photo relates to the theme "My World in FASS".
Photos will be displayed on Facebook and via other communication channels.
- This contest is open to Dalhousie Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences Students only
- Include a brief statement (50-100 words) describing the photo and how it relates to “My World in FASS”
- Photos must be highest resolution possible as they may be printed (no phone photos, please)
- Photos must be submitted in .jpeg format
- Limit of three (3) entries per person
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, March 24th, 2017 at 12:00 pm (noon). Photos submitted after this time will not be considered for this year's contest.
Voting will take place on Facebook from March 27th - 31st. Voting will close at 3:00 pm on March 31st.
By submitting your photo to the contest you agree that:
- You are the photographer
- As the photographer, you retain copyright to the photo submitted, but give unlimited and unrestricted permission fo the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences at Dalhousie to use and reproduce the image for free in any media or promotional and/or informational materials