News» Go to news main
The School of Planning hosts the 17th annual SHIFT conference
The theme of this year's conference is SHIFT: Streets. The Shift: Streets conference is about taking action to make our streets places for people that are accessible, equitable and climate responsive. It will empower us to make our streets year-round destinations that connect our city.
Keynote speakers include:
Tamika L. Butler, Executive Director, Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust
Susan Holdsworth, Manager of the WinterCity Edmonton initiative
Katerina Johnston-Zimmerman, urban anthropoligist
Vikas Mehta, Associate Professor of Urbanism, University of Cincinnati
There will be speakers and workshops centred around streets as social spaces, winter cities, women-led cities, and much more. In the meantime, check out the chalkboards on Gottingen and Spring Garden Road and share your opinions on what makes your street great. This feedback will be shared during the conference.
For details and to register, please visit:
- The School of Planning celebrates World Earth Day
- Dalhousie School of Architecture presents first pan‑Canada lecture series
- Faculty News Update 2019
- New Beginnings: The School of Planning moves to a new home and welcomes a new Director!
- Architecture and Planning launches online story map as part of 200th celebration!
- Faculty News Update 2018
- The School of Planning hosts the 17th annual SHIFT conference
- Professional Practice Week Impresses Architecture Students