News» Go to news main
Computer Lab Information for winter term
Visit the updated Computer Labs and Software Access site for details on the online computer labs to support teaching and learning for the winter term. It also provides instructions on how to download software to individual student machines for specific courses.
With most instruction occurring online this year, Dalhousie’s online computer labs allow instructors and students to use specialized software remotely.
- Dal has two virtual labs (VLab1 and VLab2) that will deliver specialized software for Engineering, Architecture, Business, and other programs that require specialized software via a browser on a virtual desktop. These virtual labs can be accessed directly from a browser on any device.
- Dal also provides remote access to the physical lab computers across campus using our remote lab (RLab). Students can access a specialized lab (e.g., Engineering) by logging into the RLab, picking a computer in a lab they would normally use, (SxtnRoom-XXX) and logging into that computer. In order to login to the computers in labs on campus you will be required to first sign on to Dalhousie’s Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- There is also access to the university's Software Downloads page where students can download available software for specific courses.
- The online Computer Labs are open at all times (24 X 7) to current Dal students and faculty. Support is provided at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Next Generation of Soil Scientists
- Finding Your Career Path with Gillian Hatch
- Out of the Ashes – Cox Institute 2.0
- Atlantic Canada: a small but mighty place of its own
- A girl, her dog and finding her way back
- Research Assistant ‑ PFES
- The Best Detour
- New OACC Team Member to Assess Science Impact – Emmanuella Ellis