News» Go to news main
MacEachern Institute Call for Expressions of Interest
The MacEachen Institute for Public Policy and Governance at Dalhousie University invites expressions of interest from those who wish to become Founding Fellows. The two-year appointment will start July 2018 and will end in June 2020.
The Institute is at its early stages; the Founding Fellows will play an important role in shaping and raising the profile of the Institute’s agenda, and ensuring the Institute becomes the ‘go-to’ place for policy discussion and analysis regionally and nationally. We welcome expressions of interest from those who would be excited about joining the Institute at this early and important stage.
Who can apply: Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty members from any faculty at Dalhousie University.
Research area: Research area must be related to one of the MacEachen Institute’s research themes.
Appointment term: Appointments will be for a 2-year term, beginning July 1, 2018 and ending June 30, 2020.
Award / Support: Founding Faculty Fellows will receive compensation of up to $4,000 allocated as follows:
- $1,000 per year for research assistance.
In addition, Founding Fellows will be remunerated for the completion of events and/or written work intended to advance and raise the profile of an important policy issue for a up to a total of $2,000 during the term of the fellowship. This can include:
- $1,000 for completing an activity such as organizing a panel or a roundtable discussion on a specific policy issue attended by a mix of academics, practitioners, students, researchers
AND / OR
- $1,000 for written work published in a quality popular medium (e.g., a national op-ed)
Application deadline: Friday March 30th, 2018
The MacEachen Institute expects to appoint four Founding Fellows for the 2-year term beginning July 1, 2018.
Visit the MacEachen Institute’s website (dal.ca/mipp) for a detailed description of expectations and information on the expression of interest process.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus job posting
- Biofluids and Biosystems Modeling Lab host Guest
- Extended Learning offers equine kinesiology course
- Part‑Time Acdemic Postings ‑ Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture
- Kid's Food Business Camp
- A Worthwhile Journey
- Part‑Time Academics
- NSERC Led Information Session