News» Go to news main
DAL Precision Agriculture Wild Blueberry Cost of Production Workshop
The Precision Agriculture Group led by Dr. Qamar Zaman at the Dalhousie University Agricultural Campus offered a training workshop for wild blueberry growers to demonstrate the recently developed Wild Blueberry Management Tool.
The Precision Agriculture team at DAL-AC has been developing cost effective technologies for wild blueberry cropping systems to increase farm profitability and reduce environmental risks.
Dr. Travis Esau, post-doctoral fellow, developed a computer program that allows wild blueberry producers to make timely decisions for economically viable management practices. More than 20 growers and industry personnel participated in the cost of production workshop.
The wild blueberry tool is available for growers’ use and can be freely downloaded from the Wild Blueberry Producers Association of Nova Scotia website (http://nswildblueberries.com/).
Growers can contact Dr. Esau (email@example.com) for more details.
- Technology Upgrades in Selected Classrooms
- Campus Construction Update
- Meet the Aggies in your Neighbourhood ‑ Linshan Zhang
- Meet the Aggies in your Neighbourhood ‑ Bri Carkner
- Meet the Aggies in your Neighbourhood ‑ Maddie Empey
- AC Planned Thermal Outage Extended until October 1
- Orientation 2017
- Changes to Brightspace