G.R.I.T. Resilience Training
Resilience is not something that we’re born with – it develops over time as we acquire knowledge, perspective and self-management skills.
Vendura Wellness created an exciting resilience program for workplaces. We address thinking traps, catastrophic thinking and practical skills that can be applied in everyday life to strengthen an individual's ability to overcome adversity and challenges, adapt well to change, manage stress, and thrive in their personal and professional lives.
Dalhousie faculty and staff will learn important resilience skills such as:
- Developing a purpose and vision
- Reducing anxiety through techniques for controlling intrusive thoughts and images
- The importance of, and how to have, strong relationships with friends and family
- How to amplify positive emotions and how to recognize when negative ones are out of proportion
- How to maximize your Physical health through sleep, meditation and other life skills
- Heightening awareness of “Red Flags” (knowing the triggers and markers of low resiliency)
- Having a series of go-to “Fire escapes” (strategies to address low resiliency)
This program includes a one-of-a-kind G.R.I.T. assessment tool that gives participants a deep look inward at their current level of resilience. Participants will receive reflections on unique scales that combine to produce each resiliency score.
Program Format: G.R.I.T. group meetings take place in an eight-part series . A "building block" approach will be used to help you develop more effective habits each week. You will complete the G.R.I.T. assessment at the beginning and end of the program to track your progress and participate in activities between meetings to help you incorporate your learning.
firstname.lastname@example.orgG.R.I.T. Resilience Training