Book Launch: Sharon Batt's Health Advocacy Inc.» Go to news main
Book Launch: Health Advocacy Inc.
The Department of Bioethics at Dalhousie University is hosting a book launch for Health Advocacy Inc. Join the author for a reading, discussion, book signing, and light refreshments on Tuesday, January 30th, 6-8pm, in Room 301 of the Halifax Public Library, 5440 Spring Garden Road. Everyone is welcome.
In Health Advocacy Inc., TRRU member Sharon Batt examines how pharmaceutical industry funding has come to shape the activities of breast cancer patents' advocacy groups. For more information, read this recent book review.
Health Advocacy Inc. urges us to consider questions such as:
- What processes and debates happened within the groups?
- What are the implications for health policy?
- What options do patient groups have—or should they have?
Dr. Batt is a Halifax researcher, a former Nancy’s Chair, co-founder of a Montreal-based patient group, and a Lillian Robinson Visiting Scholar.
- WHO to Prioritize Social Scientific Expertise in Future Emergency Response
- Follow‑up: Latest letter to Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments Calling for Criminal Investigation of Opioid Crisis
- Letter to Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments on Need for Criminal Investigation of the Opioid Crisis
- Book Launch: Health Advocacy Inc.
- Public Lecture: Imagining Automatons ‑ Images of Robots in Fiction and Science
- Opinion Piece: Your prescription drugs are about to become less safe if Health Canada has its way
- Book Review: Health Advocacy Inc. by Sharon Batt