International Pharmacy Graduates (IPGs)
- Canadian Pharmacist License: Guidelines For Foreign Pharmacy Graduates (Pharmainfo.net)
- House of Commons session on citizenship and immigration (IPGs discussed by Dr. Jeff Poston, Executive Director, CPhA)
- International Pharmacy Graduate Program (Pharmainfo.net)
Regulatory Bodies and Licensing Information
- Information on Becoming a Pharmacist in British Columbia (PDF)(College of Pharmacists of British Columbia)
- International Pharmacy Graduates (Nova Scotia College of Pharmacists)
- IPGs Gateway to Canada Project (NAPRA)
- Pharmacist Document Evaluation Information (PEBC)
- Pharmacist Evaluating Examination Information (PEBC)
Journal Articles about IPGs
*with links to full text journal articles if freely accessible or to journal or PubMed abstracts as an alternative, if available
- Austin Z, Croteau D. Intersectoral collaboration to enable bridging education for pharmacists: The International Pharmacy Graduate Program in Ontario, Canada. Pharm Educ. 2007;7(1):61-8.
- Austin Z. Dean M R. Impact of facilitated asynchronous distance education on clinical skills development of international pharmacy graduates. Am J Dist Educ. 2006; 20(20), 79-91.
- Austin Z, Gregory PA, Galli M. "I just don't know what I'm supposed to know": Evaluating self-assessment skills of international pharmacy graduates in Canada. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2008 Jun;4(2):115-24.
- Austin Z, Martin C, Gregory P. Estimation of financial returns on investment in bridging education in pharmacy. Pharm Educ. 2007; 7(2): 133-139.
- Hawthorne N, Anderson C. The global pharmacy workforce: a systematic review of the literature. Hum Resour Health. 2009 Jun 19;7:48.
- Hogan K. Integrating international pharmacy graduates into the workforce. CPJ/RPC. 2008;141(4): 252.
- Knapp KK, Cultice JM. New pharmacist supply projections: Lower separation rates and increased graduates boost supply estimates.J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2007 Jul-Aug;47(4): 463-70.
- Kwon K, Park JH, Kim J, Lee SK. Proposal of the implementation of an international pharmacy graduate preliminary examination. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2008;5:2.
- Quinones AC, Humphrey GE. Addressing the pharmacist shortage through a cooperative internship program for foreign pharmacy graduates. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2007 Mar-Apr;47(2):191-6.
- Sheppard-Kutcher J. The International Pharmacy Graduates (IPG) Multi-stakeholder Work Group: A collaborative approach to welcoming and integrating new colleagues into the Pharmacy Profession. PANS. 2011 Feb.
Pharmacy Law and Health Care Ethics Books
Published: 01 Jun 2015
Revised: 13 Oct 2015