- Chemist & Drugist: Stock Survey: The Results (UK)
- Food and Drug Administration: Current Drug Shortages (US)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Current Vaccine Shortages & Delays (US)
- American Society of Hospital Pharmacists: Drug Shortage Resource Center (US)
- Food and Drug Administration: Drug Shortages (US)
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices: Drug Shortages Threaten Patient Safety (US)
- American Society of Hospital Pharmacists: Guidelines on Managing Drug Product Shortages in Hospitals and Health Systems (US, 2009)
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices - Safety Alert: National Survey on Drug Shortages Reveals High Level of Frustration, Low Regard for Safety (US, 2001)
- ASHP Expert Panel on Drug Product Shortages, Fox ER, Birt A, James KB, et al. ASHP Guidelines on Managing Drug Product Shortages in Hospitals and Health Systems. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2009 Aug 1;66(15):1399-406.
- Hinman AR, Orenstein WA, Santoli JM, et al. Vaccine shortages: history, impact, and prospects for the future. Annu Rev Public Health. 2006;27:235-59.
- Seiguer E. Protecting the nation's health: ensuring a stable supply of influenza vaccine. Issue Brief (Commonw Fund). 2005 Jul;(832):1-14.
- Fox E, Tyler LS. Recent trends in drug shortages: an update from the 2003 report. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2009 May 1;66(9):798-800.
Published: 01 Jun 2015
Revised: 13 Oct 2015