Drug and Pharmacy Related Mobile Technology
- Nine Smartphone Apps to Improve Your Practice (Medscape, registration required, 2010)
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Getting Value From Blogs and Other Web Resources. Hosp Pharm. 2010 Jul;45(7):572-575,583.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. When Core Measures Meet Enterprise Performance Management Systems. Hosp Pharm. 2010 Jun;45(6):503-504.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Portable Information Appliances: Am Update.Hosp Pharm. 2010 May;45(5):418-419.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Motorola Druid: Impressions after a month.Hosp Pharm. 2010 Feb;45(2):165-166.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Clinical surveillance: Another tool in the pharmacist's armamentarium. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Nov;44(11):1024, 1026.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Health systems and home-based care: Closing the loop. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Oct;44(10):915-916,923.
- Fox BI, Felkey. Telepharmacy: Using information technology to address critical needs. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Sep;44(9):810-812.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Redefining the enterprise. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Aug;44(8):708-710.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Federal health information technology efforts: The stimulus is the buzz. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Jul;44(7):623-624.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. How Web 2.0 literate are you? Hosp Pharm. 2009 Jun;44(6):519-520,525.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. The Palm Pre: a beginning or an ending? Hosp Pharm 2009 May;44(5):429-430.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Pursuing patient portals. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Apr;44(4):346-347.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Automated intravenous preparation: Robots for the pharmacy. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Mar;44(3):255-256, 264.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Are personal health records on your pharmacy department's radar screen? Hosp Pharm. 2009 Feb;44(2):191-192.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG, Fortier C. The environment of e-prescribing and its impact on the pharmacy department. Hosp Pharm. 2009 Jan;44(1):77-78,80.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Wireless-friendly Web sites that support daily activities. Hosp Pharm 2008 Sep;43(9):759-761.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Using your smartphone or PDA as a thin client.Hosp Pharm 2008 Aug;43(8): 666-669.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Now that you own one: PDA and smartphone accessories. Hosp Pharm 2008 Jul;43(7):591-92,600.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. Pharmacist PDA document management considerations. Hosp Pharm 2008 Jun; 43(6):518-19.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Considerations when upgrading your PDA/smartphone. Hosp Pharm 2008 May; 43(5):421-22.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. PDAs and smartphones: Are you practising safe mobile computing? Hosp Pharm 2008 Apr;43(4):324-326.
- Fox BI, Felkey BG. Pharmacists, get connected: Cellular broadband for smartphones. Hosp Pharm 2008 Mar;43(3):227-29.
- Felkey BG, Fox BI. To iPhone or not, that is the question. Hosp Pharm 2008 Feb;43(2):140-42, 154.
Commercial Websites: Drug- and Pharmacy-Related Applications
- Apotex iPharmacist - $
- Lexi-Drugs, Lexi-Pediatrics, Lexi-Naturals, Lexi-Lab & Diagnostics Procedures, Lexi-Infectious Diseases, Lexi-Pharmacogenomics, Lexi-Tox, Lexi-Pregnancy & Lactation, Nursing Lexi-Drugs, IV compatibility, Stedman's Medical Dictionnary, Merck Manual, Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Lexi-Natural Products, Lexi-Drug Allergies, Patient Education, Dental Drugs, Lexi-Interact, Calc+, iNews & Lexi-Drug ID all preloaded into a palm PD
- ePocrates - $
- Epocrates Essentials Deluxe & Epocrates Essentials include drug monographs, drug interaction checker, calculators, Pill identification tool, nonprescription products, infectious diseases, alternatives medicines, disease monographs and diagnositc & lab tests
- Lexi-Comp - $
- Drugs Platinum, Drugs for Pediatrics, Griffith's 5-Minute Clinical Consult, Natural Products, Poisoning & Toxicology, Infectious Diseases, Diagnostic Medicine, Interact, Drugs for Dentistry, Drugs of Nursing, Medical Abbreviations
- PEPID Hardware - $
- Thomson Clinical Xpert (Micromedex) - $
- Drugs.com - $
- ePocrates - Drug monographs, drug interaction checker, calculators, pill identification tool and nonprescription products (infectious diseases and alternative medicines available by subscription to Epocrates Rx Pro)
- Johns Hopkins POC-IT (Point of Care Information Technology) Antibiotic (ABX) Guide (Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions) - $
- Natural Medicines - $
- PDRDrugs (Physicians' Desk Reference) - $
- Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy - $
- Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia - $
- Essential Evidence Plus - $
- Medline OnTap
- Retrieve medline citations directly to your PDA (needs WiFi)
- Mobile MerckMedicus
- PubMed for Handhelds
- SHOTS 2010
- A quick reference guide on immunization schedules and some information on disease states
- A comparison table of some of the most popular titles for drug information applications on PDAs (RxFiles, March 2006)
Mega Websites: Commercial & Educational
Websites for Health Professionals
- Arizona Medical Education Consortium (AzMEC) PDA Tools
- Contains over a dozen links to professional organizations or other universities about PDA information and resources
- CollectiveMed.com - $
- A source of medical PDA software for hundreds of titles for all devices
- Health Sciences Resources for Mobile Devices (University of Alberta Libraries)
- This site provides access to resources and library services, as well as quick links to other useful websites.
- Lyman Maynard Stowe Library (University of Connecticut Health Center)
- This site contains general PDA resources, medical link resources, drug guides, and other useful links
- Meds PDA - $
- Published in the United Kingdom, the Meds PDA website, is a commercial source of PDA hardware, software in a number of health-related categories and accessories. Other sections of the website include tutorials, features, news and links.
- PDA/Palm Web Site Links (RxFiles)
- This site contains general PDA resources, commercial/medical software links, free shareware resources, and links to company specific sites
- Several sections include many links to articles, basic learning resources, products, discussion boards and chat events and news. Readers may sign up to receive an e-mail newsletter.
- Technology Application Unit Intensive Care Unit, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto
- The site contains medical palm links, univeristy palm links, and general PDA software links
- TealLock - $
- Security applications for PDAs
- All these sites are great resources for any additional software for PDAs
Published: 01 Jun 2015
Revised: 12 Sept 2017