Paper and Cardboard
Paper and cardboard are collected by Facilities Management staff from the interior and exterior 'four bin systems'. Paper is sent to a local paper recycler Scotia Recycling. Cardboard is picked up by REGroup for transport to the MRF. In Truro on the AC, paper and cardboard is brought to the Colchester Materials Recovery Centre approximately 20 km from campus.
Paper and Cardboard:
- Dry and clean paper (white or coloured);
- Glossy flyers and magazines;
- Hardcover books (with covers removed);
- Paper egg cartons and drink trays;
- Corrugated cardboard including pizza boxes (must be flattened and placed beside the paper bin);
- Boxboard (cereal boxes, pizza slice trays, etc.).
- Coffee cups;
- Carbon paper;
- Soiled paper.