Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canada‑ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), 2023‑24
Global Affairs Canada has launched a call for students from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) wishing to study or conduct research in Canada. The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) provides scholarships in 2023-24 for study or research in fields aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Features of these scholarships include:
- Awards are available for undergraduate and graduate level students to undertake study or research at a public Canadian university or affiliated research institute.
- Proposed programs of research must demonstrate links to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. As part of the application, students must submit a letter of intent outlining how their chosen field of study or research contributes to the 2030 Agenda, and how they will apply their learning to help combat poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region.
- Students must be citizens of one of the following ASEAN countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos (Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR)), Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam.
Please note that foreign candidates cannot apply directly for these awards. Any Dalhousie faculty member who is interested in applying to the SEED to bring a student to Dalhousie under their supervision must apply on behalf of that student. All Dalhousie applications to the SEED will be facilitated by the Office of Research Services. Any faculty member interested in applying is asked to contact email@example.com in advance of the internal deadline, for more information and support in preparing an application via Dalhousie’s institutional account on the online application portal.
Internal: March 14, 2023 at 4:30pm. For additional resources, click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Funder: March 28, 2023 at 11:59pm.
- Research Ethics
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Grant‑Paid Employees – Information Session for Researchers
- The 100k Strong North America Grant Competition to Expand Climate‑Action, Inclusive Education Exchanges
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Grand Challenges
- Russell Sage Foundation
- Lung Ambition Awards