Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Digital Research Alliance of Canada
The Digital Research Alliance of Canada’s (the Alliance) annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC) has opened with a submission deadline of November 2, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
The RAC is a peer-reviewed competition designed for research groups who require more compute, storage or cloud resources than are provided within regular account allocations. It is comprised of two competitions:
- The Resources for Research Groups (RRG) for those requiring compute and storage; and
- The Research Platforms & Portals (RPP) for those requiring cloud resources to create digital platforms, tools and applications customized for a specific community within a discipline, ex. Canadian literature of the 20th century.
Each year, ACENET supports a number of PIs who apply for these competitions. Over the past 3 years, 75 Atlantic Canadian researchers have received RAC allocations, some with in-kind valuations over $350,000.
There are two upcoming information sessions designed to provide researchers and administrators more details and answer questions:
Researchers who are either struggling to complete research because of limited computational or cloud resources within the Alliance, or who may otherwise benefit from holding a RAC allocation, are welcome to apply. The Alliance can help researchers understand the resources and services available to support their project; help them understand their past resource usage and predict future resource requirements; advise on code scaling, software availability; and, any other elements that may support their application.
Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers at Dalhousie can contact their local research consultant, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. For researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences fields, the HSS Support Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org would be pleased to help. For those requiring cloud projects, please contact email@example.com.
- United States Department of Defence
- SSHRC Storytellers Challenge
- Research Nova Scotia Webinar
- Ivey Foundation
- Canadian Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Foundation
- Cancer Research Society
- The Government of Canada and the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation