Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
NSERC Alliance International
Alliance International will provide support for researchers in Canada to work with leading international researchers from the academic sector, and to establish and grow international research collaborations. There are two types of grants available:
Catalyst grants will provide funding for one year to support Canadian researchers in initiating international research collaborations in the NSE disciplines. This grant is $25,000.
Collaboration grants (up to 3 years) will allow Canadian researchers to participate in international projects and leverage the best international expertise in the NSE disciplines to help address research challenges of impact and benefit for Canada. This grant is up to $100,000 per year.
- Canadian university researcher who is eligible to receive NSERC funds
- PI and any Canadian co-applicants must have an active NSERC peer-reviewed grant, as primary applicant, at the time of application.
- There is no requirement for partner organizations or contributions from partner organizations for this funding opportunity.
- At the time of application, PI must identify at least one international academic researcher with whom they will collaborate.
- In the case of an Alliance International Collaboration grant, the international collaborator must have secured funding from their own funding agency at the time of your application to NSERC.
For more information, you can access the full call here.
If interested in this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal: Please reach out to ORS as soon as possible to discuss a planned submission. Applications will require a minimum of 10 business days for review. For additional resources, click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Funder: On-going. Contact email is email@example.com
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments grants program
- NSERC Discovery Grant
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: 2022 Horizon Global Platform Grant
- Russell Sage Foundation (RSF) funding opportunities
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Research Nova Scotia Policies