Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
International Policy Ideas Challenge 2022: Call for proposals
Global Affairs Canada (GAC), in collaboration with the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), is pleased to announce the International Policy Ideas Challenge. The objective of the program is to draw on the network of talented Canadian graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and early-career civil society researchers to identify concrete, innovative solutions to emerging international policy challenges faced by Canada.
The program offers applicants a chance to test their skills at translating academic expertise into policy language and insights. Applicants are invited to submit brief proposals.
- Current graduate students (Master’s or PhD level) and post-doctoral fellows at a recognized Canadian post-secondary educational institution.
- Researchers affiliated with a Canadian non-profit organization (e.g., a non-governmental organization or a think tank) who are within 6 years of graduation from a graduate program at a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- Indeterminate and term employees of the Government of Canada are not eligible to apply.
- Team applications, with a maximum of 3 members, are permitted; however, a lead researcher must be identified. A team application that includes collaborators from other universities is permitted. In the case of a team application, all members are expected to meet the above requirements.
Up to six awards will be granted. For each winning proposal, $3,000 will be provided to the lead (or sole) researcher. In addition to the financial award, all winners will receive mandatory coaching from the BSIA.
For more information, you can access the full call, here.
Funder: May 20, 2022. Contact email is IPIC-CIPI.POR@international.gc.ca.
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments grants program
- NSERC Discovery Grant
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: 2022 Horizon Global Platform Grant
- Russell Sage Foundation (RSF) funding opportunities
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Research Nova Scotia Policies