Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
The Royal Society ‑ International Exchanges Scheme Round 4 open
The International Exchanges Scheme offers flexible support for UK-based scientists to develop new collaborations with scientists based overseas via one-off visits or bilateral travel. The standard programme is available for travel to/from all countries outside the UK.
Research must be within the Royal Society’s remit of natural sciences, which includes but is not limited to biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
You can apply for this scheme if both you and the overseas co-applicant:
- hold a PhD or have equivalent research experience.
- hold a fixed or permanent contract at an eligible organisation for the duration of the project (ineligible organisations include industrial, private and commercial organisations, university spin-out companies and government bodies).
- are based in the respective countries at the time of the application.
The funding available is dependent upon the length of the visit. You can request:
- up to £3,000 for one-off travel lasting up to three months.
- up to £6,000 for multiple visits to be completed within one year.
- up to £12,000 for multiple visits to be completed within two years and cost share projects fixed at two years.
For more information, you can access the full call here.
If interested in this opportunity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal: February 23, 2022 at 4:30pm. Click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Funder: March 9, 2022 at 3pm UK time (11am AST). Contact email is email@example.com