Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Dalhousie University's Green Labs program
Dalhousie is a member of the U15 group of Canada’s most research-intensive universities and has over 1350 laboratory spaces across four campuses.
The university is pleased to launch a formal Green Labs program with a suite of new initiatives through the Office of Sustainability in partnership with Research and Innovation with advice from the Environment, Health and Safety Office. The four key program areas include:
- Green Labs certification with My Green Labs
- Rebates and Advice
- Educational Materials and Resources
- Community of Practice
The Office of Sustainability is providing the fees for up to 10 green lab certifications per year with the My Green Lab certification program.
My Green Lab’s Certification is considered the global standard for laboratory sustainability best practices. Recognized by the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE), the American Energy Society, and the International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories.
Join us on Thursday, October 7 at 2:00 – 3:30 pm on MS Teams for a virtual Kick-off event to learn about the Green Labs Program, and how your lab can be one of the first to get certified.
- Compute Canada Federation
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Canada Foundation for Innovation 2023 Innovation Fund
- Open Science principles gain recognition
- New CFI and Mitacs Collaboration
- CIHR Team Grants: Healthy Life Trajectory Initiative – South Africa and China
- New OVPRI Communications Manager