Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Research funding from Facebook
Facebook is offering funding for projects that establish a practical and scalable understanding of how to honor people’s privacy with consideration to the different contexts in which people experience and/or use their products.
Applications are welcome from both social sciences and technical disciplines. Applications that are interdisciplinary and seek collaboration across fields are particularly welcome. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and those with expertise in specific countries, cultures, or vulnerable populations, including those that have not previously been examined in relation to privacy, are especially encouraged to apply. Research methodologies that use qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic, and/or mixed method approaches are all welcome.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Improving understanding of users’ privacy attitudes, concerns, preferences, needs, behaviors, and outcomes
- Novel assessments of digital transparency and control that are meaningful for diverse populations, context, and data types
Facebook plans to fund four to five projects for up to $100,000 each.
Internal: September 23, 2021 at 4:30pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Funder: September 30, 2021
- Dalhousie Ocean Research Strategy
- Dataverse in Canada
- University Delegates (UD) Meeting
- Russell Sage Foundation
- Government of Canada
- Association of Commonwealth Universities: Early Career Researcher Training Grant
- Alberta Land Institute
- Dalhousie Belong Research Fellowship Awards