Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Funding from Facebook
Facebook is inviting researchers to respond to this call for proposals that explore unique challenges, threats, attacks, mitigations, and other considerations in the burgeoning space of AR, VR, and smart devices.
Examples of topics covered by this call include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Novel proposals in silicon, hardware, OS/platform, supply-chain, or anti-tamper in this space — whether they are threats, attacks, or mitigations.
- User-verifiable privacy controls or privacy-preserving techniques in the context of unique sensors, data, and use cases
- Advancements in terms of identity, authentication, authorization, abuse-prevention, or biometrics, as they pertain to said devices and technologies
- Security and privacy advancements in voice assistants, smart devices, smart home cameras, and so on
- Novel security and privacy techniques for spatial mapping and localization, such as local attestation or point cloud geometry hashing
- Any novel or new concepts in trust as applied to the AR/VR and smart devices space that warrant further exploration
A total of up to eight awards are available, up to $75,000 USD each, depending on the specific requirements. Read the full call here.
Internal: July 7, 2021 at 4:30pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Funder: July 14, 2021 at 5pm. Contact email@example.com
- New Frontiers in Research Fund
- Research funding from Facebook
- CIHR University Delegates (UD) Report
- CIHR Advisory Committee on Accessibility & Systemic Ableism
- Mobilizing Insights in Defence and Security
- Canada Foundation for Innovation – Biosciences Research Infrastructure Fund
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research