Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
IDRC: Research Ideas Competition
The International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the University of Toronto’s Dalla Lana School of Public Health have launched a call for research ideas to strengthen policy interventions, population health, environmental sustainability, gender, and social equity in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). These novel ideas are expected to deliver health and environmental co-benefits by addressing the interlinked nutrition and environmental challenges and knowledge gaps that impede shifts towards healthier and sustainable food systems.
The competition aims to:
- Identify novel, solutions-oriented research ideas that promote healthy and sustainable food systems in LMICs;
- Support interdisciplinary exchange of ideas that draw upon different theories, methodological tools, frameworks, and approaches;
- Harness lessons from research, civil society and policy spheres which bridge the fields of global health, food systems and environmental sustainability research.
This call is open to Doctoral Students and Post-doctoral Fellows that are Canadians, permanent residents of Canada, or citizens of LMICs2 enrolled in a doctoral degree or post-doctoral fellowship program at a recognized university.
Successful applicants will receive $10,000 CAD and 10 awards are available.
More information about the competition, including submission guidelines, can be found online.
Internal: December 4, 2020 at 4:30pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Funder: December 11, 2020 at 6pm AST. Contact email@example.com
- PAS Canada: Public Diplomacy Grants Program
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- CIHR UD Meeting
- Congratulations Bernie Boudreau
- Cancer Research Society Operating Grants 2020‑2021 competition
- Cadieux‑Léger Fellowship: Research Affiliate Program of Global Affairs Canada
- Institut français de recherche pour l’exploitation de la mer (IFREMER)