Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Smart Farming Innovations for Small‑Scale Producers
This call from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation seeks proposals for Smart Farming solutions that leverage digital technology innovations that have the potential to drive positive impact for small-scale producer (SSP) entrepreneurs delivered through bundled farmer services and enabled by scalable digital and data platforms.
Solutions should address one or more challenges faced by small-scale crop and livestock producers in one or more areas of agricultural advisory, farm management decision support, input supply, finance, insurance, market access and linkages.
Preference will be given to projects in the following geographic areas:
- Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ghana, Senegal, Mali, Burkina Faso, Malawi, Zambia, Mozambique
- Asia: India (Bihar, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh), Bangladesh
There are two funding opportunities available: Seed Grants and Scale-Up Grants. Seed Grants provide $250,000 USD for 12-month projects. Scale-Up Grants provide $1,500,000 USD for 24-month projects.
More information about the requirements for each grant can be found online.
Internal: February 18, 2021 at 4:30pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Funder: February 25, 2021 at 11:30pm PST.
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- SSHRC and The Conversation Canada
- CFI Strategic Plan Consultations
- ACENET Parallel Computing School
- Canadian Arthritis Research Conference 2023
- Russell Sage Foundation funding opportunities
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- United States Department of Defence