Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
IDRC: Growth and Economic Opportunities for Women (GrOW) West Africa
IDRC has launched a call for proposals from research institutions, think tanks, and non-governmental organizations with strong research capacity based in the countries of focus (Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Senegal) with legal corporate registration. Research projects should seek to harness the collective power of women’s agency by working, for example, with women’s organizations or other collective action groups to foster the economic empowerment of women and gender equality. The goal is to reduce and redistribute the domestic workload and unpaid care work through scalable innovations, technologies, practices, interventions, policies, and attitudes in West Africa.
The program will support two types of research projects:
1. Evaluative projects that assess current or past programs related to GrOW West Africa thematic priorities to generate evidence on effective approaches. These projects will have a budget of up to CA$500,000 and a duration of up to 24 months.
2. Action research projects with key policy actors (government, private sector, or non-governmental) that test and/or scale solutions that address one or more of the priority themes of GrOW West Africa. These projects will have a budget of up to CA$500,000 and a duration of 36 months.
Research consortia comprised of up to three institutional partners may apply (one partner must be designated as the lead institution). Preference will be given to projects with multi-stakeholder and multi-disciplinary teams.
More information about the program (including submission guidelines) can be found at the following link.
Internal: September 4, 2020 at 4:30pm. Contact Shelley Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Funder: September 11, 2020 at 23:45 (EDT). Contact email@example.com
- University of the Arctic
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter – March 2021
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Research Data Management
- Education for Refugee and Displaced Children and Youth in Sub‑Saharan Africa
- Association of Commonwealth Universities: Virtual Mobility Project Grants
- Info session on the new Marie Sklodowska‑Curie Actions
- United States Department of Defense