Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
NSERC and SSHRC COVID‑19 Supplements
On June 4, NSERC and SSHRC announced additional funding to support trainees (students and postdoctoral fellows) and research support personnel. On July 22, 2020, NSERC and SSHRC began contacting eligible grant holders directly to offer a supplement for each eligible grant that they hold.
To accept a supplement, recipients will need to confirm the following for each grant:
- the research and work of trainees and research support personnel was disrupted by COVID-19 from April 1 to June 30, 2020, and
- the grant was used to pay the salaries and stipends of trainees and research support personnel during this period of disruption.
**Eligible grant holders have until August 13th, 2020, to respond to this offer of a supplement**
Note that the value of the supplement will be commensurate with the average level of support provided to trainees and research support personnel (e.g., for NSERC 64% and for SSHRC 63.5% of the yearly installment) over a three-month period.
Once the deadline has passed and the final list of supplements has been approved, grant holders will receive documentation confirming the details of each supplement they will receive.
For more information on the supplements, please visit the following webpages:
Dalhousie: Caroline Sequeira (email@example.com)
- University of the Arctic
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter – March 2021
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Research Data Management
- Education for Refugee and Displaced Children and Youth in Sub‑Saharan Africa
- Association of Commonwealth Universities: Virtual Mobility Project Grants
- Info session on the new Marie Sklodowska‑Curie Actions
- United States Department of Defense