Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Bertram Scholarships 2020
In recognition of the growing importance of good governance to all Canadian institutions, the Canadian Foundation for Governance Research is offering annual Bertram Scholarships of $15,000 each to PhD students registered at Canadian universities. The scholarship will support the work of students who are conducting research into organisational governance as part of their doctoral research project.
To qualify for the scholarship, the doctoral research project should focus on a topic directly related to organizational governance, including for example:
- The importance of effective boards in enabling good decision-making and improving the functioning of Canadian institutions;
- Governance issues of interest to Canadian boards of public, private, government-agency and not-for-profit organizations;
- The role of corporate governance in enabling positive societal impacts;
- Governance best practices through the Canadian perspective.
The following are examples of relevant topics, although by no means an exhaustive list:
- Board’s role during black swan events (e.g. pandemic, financial distress)
- Diversity beyond gender
- Oversight of corporate culture
- Cybersecurity/ IT governance/Data governance/Privacy
- The board’s role in innovation
- Board understanding of political risk
- Board’s role in public policy
For full details on the Bertram Scholarship, visit the CFGR website. The deadline for applications is May 28, 2020.
- Arthritis Society
- Lymphoma Research Funding
- MITACS: Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF)
- Jean Monnet funding opportunities available
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute
- Global Affairs Canada: Short‑Term Exchange Program, 2022‑23
- Public Health Agency of Canada